My Wordpress Theme isn't working, what should I do?
If you have purchased a theme and are having trouble installing it, the following steps may help you to solve this issue:
- Read any help documentation provided with the theme. Help documentation can be found in the file download.
- Check the discussion on the item page.
- See if the author offers support.
- Search the ThemeForest Forums for a solution to your issue.
- If there is a bug or the file does not work as described, contact Support.
All files go through a thorough review process prior to being approved, but occasionally problems can slip through the cracks. If you believe that there is an issue with a file you have purchased, then please submit a support ticket and we will investigate. Remember to include as much detail as possible to expedite the process.
Common 'Broken Theme' and 'Stylesheet Missing' WordPress Issues
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a "Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing" error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix. Please follow the steps below to rectify this issue or watch the screencast.